The Australian Friend is now online at AustralianFriend.org, as AYM agreed during Yearly Meeting in January 2012 in Perth.
There are significant advantages to receiving The AF as a web-based journal:
- Explore Quaker Voice – our new portal for global news from a Quaker perspective,
- Post free classified ads,
- See images in colour,
- Adjust the text and images to your preferred size,
- Enjoy audio and video clips,
- Print an entire issue by clicking on the PDF icon or choose articles you want,
- Share articles with friends by email or Facebook,
- Copy the text of any article,
- Share your comments and participate in discussions,
- Look for special items, such as e-books, movies, links and other features,
- Use tags to follow topics of interest in both current and back issues,
- Reduce your carbon footprint.
If you do nothing:
- The services you now receive will continue until July
- You will receive an email alerting you when a new issue is ready at AustralianFriend.org
- You can go to AustralianFriend.org and Quaker Voice.org at any time to see what is new
- If you receive the AF as a PDF file, it will continue.
- If you paid a subscription for the printed version, it will continue.
- If you are a Member of AYM and we don’t have your email address you will continue to receive the AF by mail.
You must tell us if
- Your email address or other details in the AYM data base need to be changed
- You wish to receive the printed version after July
- You wish to stop the email notification of new issues
To do this:
- click ‘Reply’ and provide new details
- change your details online at quakers.org.au
- email MailingList@AustralianFriend.org
- mail Stephen Hodgkin at 77 Bonython Street, Downer ACT 2602
- – or phone Stephen at (02) 6262 7389 or (02) 4473 6778.
There are additional options available at the AustralianFriend.org web site.
To submit articles for Australian Friend or Quaker Voice, email:Editor@AustralianFriend.org or Editor@QuakerVoice.org.