Quakers share a way of life rather than a set of beliefs. We seek to experience God (however we understand that word) directly, within ourselves and in our relationships with others and the world around us. For more information visit the Quakers Australia website.
About The Australian Friend
The Australian Friend is the official journal of The Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Australia Inc. It has been continuously published since 1887. There are four issues per year, in March, June, September and December. We also publish Quaker Voice.
We welcome contributions (articles, photos, poems, drawings) which are consistent with the purpose of The Australian Friend. Contact us through the form on the website, or by email to editor[at]australianfriend.org. Articles should be attached as Word documents. Send images as separate attachments, and not embedded in Word files. We prefer images in jpg format. Contributions may be submitted at any time, though there are various deadlines for each issue.
The Australian Friend is available free online to all readers. Subscription to receive articles by email, and comment on articles is free. A printed version is available to Members of Australian Yearly Meeting who request it at no cost.
1. Quaker organisations – no charge.
2. Commercial ventures by Quakers for individual benefit – charges as below:
• Classified ads including accommodation, services required or offered, items for sale, personals, announcements of births, deaths, and anniversaries etc. – Free if posted through australianfriend.org website.
• Display ads – A small block in the right column of each page, which can link further content. $50 per issue.
• For further information please use the Contact page or email AustFriend(at)quakers.org.au
Articles published in The Australian Friend are copyright to their individual authors. Permission to re-publish material in other Quaker publications is hereby granted, provided full attribution of author and source is made. All other requests for republication should be directed to the editors. (editor[at]AustralianFriend.org]
The views expressed in The Australian Friend are not necessarily those of the editors or of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Australia.